Keeping Motivated To Exercise in Water During Winter
May 31st, 2014
It’s only natural that we as humans would prefer to rug up and sit by a warm toasty fire than to expose our bodies to cold, wet and windy weather for exercise. It’s even harder to pull on the togs and jump into water when the weather outside is freezing.
Here are some tips to help you stay motived to continue with water exercise over the winter:
- Work out with a friend – it’s a lot easier to encourage each other to keep up with exercise schedules than to try and encourage yourself. If you cancel on training you not only let yourself down but your friend also. Plus having a friend is always a lot more entertaining!
- Register for an event – by signing up for a fun run, triathlon or swimming comp you can have something to aim for and keep yourself motivated to stay fit to get the best results at the date of the event.
- Set goals – by setting goals we can keep ourselves motivated to continue with water exercise.
- Invest in a warm towel dressing gown – as the outside temperature gets colder we recommend a towel dressing gown that you can throw over yourself as soon as you get out of the water. Not only will it help you get dry quicker, it will also keep you much warmer than the average towel.
- Research new and exciting warm water exercises – by learning new exercises you can get excited to try and experience new workouts. New workouts may help boost motivation to get back in the pool or spa.
- Boost your immune system – ensure that your diet includes immunity boosters such as Echinacea, garlic, zinc and vitamin C. A cold during winter can make it difficult for us to get back in the pool or spa after recovering from flu symptoms. Ensure that after your water exercise you dry your body and hair well so that your body doesn’t experience the chill that winter can bring
Join our Mailing List today for more tips and ideas about spas plus all the latest spa chemical promotions