Hot Tub Yoga - Calorie Burning and De-Stressing
July 3rd, 2013
Yoga is a very popular form of exercise that involves balancing, stretching, building strength and flexibility through various poses.
We love hot tub yoga because the warm water helps increase flexibility and makes it easier to stretch!
Preforming Yoga in a Spa Pool is really useful for losing weight, because:
- It burns calories by helping you build muscle. By doing Yoga in your Spa you are literally doing poses that burn calories, or utilizing breathing techniques that burn calories.
- It requires you to drink more water
- Increases blood flow to aid digestion
- Increases your metabolism
- Allows you to relax and de-stress. Of course the de-stressing part begins as soon as you step into your spa! But you can take it much further with some slow deep breathing into your tummy. As you do each yoga post, try to let your breath become fuller and a little slower.
Let’s Get Started!
We found this great info graphic to help you get started with your first Hot Tub Yoga Class. Let us know how you go :)
Hot Tub Yoga Infographic by Swim University